How will COVID-19 impact the FRC Training Programs?
Safety of our runners is the most important aspect for us. For this reason we have decided to make the first 6 weeks “virtual”. We will plan the details around this the next few days.
In general, we follow the guidelines for Open Frisco, Open Texas , and guidelines from the Governor,’s Strike Force . While the guidelines are not clear about clubs like FRC, there is a section about Exercise-Facilities. This includes outdoor activities
- All coaches and pacers are trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- Anyone with symptoms will be sent home, and will not return until standard criteria are met (see below)
- The pacing groups will have a maximum of 10 people
- At least 10 feet of separation between runners
- No sharing of liquid or food/gels, etc. You will need to bring your own water. No water will be provided by FRC.
- The running store will not be opened for runners outside of normal operating hours.
- While not mandatory, FRC supports the usage of masks.
Guidelines for “return to run”
In the case of a coach, pacer or participant who was diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual
may return to club runs when all three of the following criteria are met:
- at least 14 days have passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing
- the individual has improvement in symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of
- at least 21 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; or
– In the case of a coach, pacer or participant who has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and does
not get evaluated by a medical professional or tested for COVID-19, the individual is assumed
to have COVID-19, and the individual may not return to club runs until the individual has
completed the same three-step criteria listed above; or
– If the a coach, pacer or participant has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and wants to return to
work before completing the above self-isolation period, the individual must obtain a medical
professional’s note clearing the individual for return based on an alternative diagnosis.