Safety of our runners is the most important aspect for us. Given the vaccination rate and new state/local/national guidance, the following rules apply:
- Masks optional. Per CDC guidance, masks are not required for vaccinated individuals, but they are still recommended for unvaccinated individuals. We ask that you operate accordingly on the honor system and make the right personal choice for you. Per the same guidance, masks will be optional for coaches during workouts as well.
- All participants, coaches and pacers should exercise appropriate cleaning, disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- Anyone with symptoms should stay home. Individuals will be sent home if symptoms are observed by others, and will not return until standard criteria are met (see below)
- Keep separation between runners
- No sharing of liquid or food/gels, etc. You will need to bring your own water. No water will be provided by FRC.
- The running store will not be opened for runners outside of normal operating hours.
- While not mandatory, FRC supports the usage of masks
Guidelines for “return to run”
In the case of a coach, pacer or participant who was diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual may return to club runs when all three of the following criteria are met:
- at least 14 days have passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing
- the individual has improvement in symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of
- at least 21 days have passed since symptoms first appeared
- In the case of a coach, pacer or participant who has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and does
not get evaluated by a medical professional or tested for COVID-19, the individual is assumed
to have COVID-19, and the individual may not return to group runs until the individual has
completed the same three-step criteria listed above
- If a coach, pacer or participant has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and wants to return to
group runs before completing the above self-isolation period, the individual must obtain a medical
professional’s note clearing the individual for return based on an alternative diagnosis.